Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Literature of Honor for Boys

Two very helpful book lists from Cindy at Ordo Amoris:


Last month we learned that we are failing to give our boys a reason to learn. We learned that boys are motivated by honor and that our society has left them without hope. We also learned that one antidote to the problem may be using great literature to motivate our sons to pursue honor. But what books should they read?  I recently asked a group of longtime homeschooling mothers, women I highly respect, what books they recommended. The following is what I gleaned from raising my own sons and also the suggestions of these moms. I have broken the list down into 3 parts: fiction, poetry, and biographies. Click here to read the rest.
I often get questions about good picture books for younger children and I notice that my choices are usually archaic in the sense that new authors and new stories have flooded the market. This list will reflect the books that my boys loved when they were little about last Friday.  I will try and stick to books that meet our theme of illustrating honor and not just books that we loved. Click here to read the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment